Monday, August 24, 2009

Tunbridge Wells Strikes Again

The idea for Strife was sparked off when I wondered what might follow if the bandstand disappeared overnight. Now a short story based on another of my Tunbridge Wells musings has been accepted for publication in an anthology for adults being published in November. The story, called the Rock House, is about a spooky house built into the rocks on an area of common land and the even spookier old lady who lives in it.

Tunbridge Wells common has a number of houses that are half built into the rocky outcrops that occur in the area and they have always struck me as incredibly magical-looking buildings. I'm sure no-one like my fictional old lady lives in any of them but I do wonder what sort of person could live in a house that seems to grow out of the living rock. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment